I busted out my Crockpot for this one. It was so easy to just throw everything in it, and then go about my plans for the day.
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken
- 8 oz andouille sausage, sliced
- 1 14.5 oz can tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 cup uncooked rice (I cooked this seperately, if you put it in the crockpot make sure to add more water)
Pop everything in the crockpot, set in on LOW, and let cook for 6 hours. So easy!